Are you a Professional Diver or training to become one? As Dive Pros, we have a duty to respond to unique emergency situations. DAN’s Diving First Aid for Professional Divers (DFA Pro) course is designed for commercial, professional, aquarium, and scientific divers and it provides knowledge and first aid skills specifically for these work environments.
We’ve bundled classes you need to cover most emergencies until EMS arrives: CPR and First Aid, Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries, Neurological Assessment, First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries and CPR HCP plus Bloodborne pathogens. It also provides rescue management skills specifically for divemasters and instructors.
Divers Alert Network (DAN) is the diving industry’s go-to source for medical questions and education. Developed by dive medicine physicians and diving educators, DAN’s courses are easy to understand and designed to provide you with the skills and confidence you need to respond in emergencies. DAN courses will prepare you to manage injuries related to scuba diving as well as those that occur in other settings. It’s definitely worth a few hours to learn skills that could save a life.
Several classes that we offer (including the Divemaster Internship) require recent First Aid/ CPR training and this course bundle can be combined with those classes or just taken on its own. If you’re enrolling in a class, give us a call for a discounted rate on this bundle.
DAN Diving First Aid for Professional Divers is the most comprehensive first aid course in the dive industry.
We’ll cover a range of topics including:
- anatomy, physiology and bloodborne pathogens
- decompression illness and oxygen First Aid
- response, assessment and medical emergency management
- one and two-person CPR for adults, children, and infants
- automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- obstructed airway management
- oxygen first aid administration
- wound management and bandage/ splint application
- control of external bleeding and pressure immobilization techniques
- severe allergic reaction management
What to Expect
- Your instructor will call each participant before the class begins, so you’ll be able to get to know each other and ask any questions you might have.
- Your class will be conducted at the beautiful Casino Point Dive Park, which is a world-class marine preserve located in Avalon.
Plan for the Day
- The price of your course includes the required eLearning, which you’ll complete at home before your arrival on Catalina Island.
- Once you arrive, we’ll review the information you learned to make sure you have a clear understanding of the information and answer any questions you might have.
- Next, you’ll receive on-site practical training in emergency procedures.
There’s always time for questions – we’re here to help you every step of the way!
If you’ve completed all the course requirements, TA-DA! You’re now certified in Diving First Aid for Professional Divers!
- eLearning: The price of your class includes the required eLearning, which must be completed prior to your arrival on Catalina Island. Once you’ve purchased your class, a link to your personal e-Learning will be provided.
- Private Instruction: Your class will be yours alone. No one you don’t know will be participating.
- All Dive Pros (or Pros in Training) can participate: There are no minimum age requirements, but you must have been diving recently.
- Specialty Gear: We will pride all the materials need including an AED, emergency oxygen and a CPR dummy for use during your class. You will also receive a kit to take home with you.
- Proof of Certification: We will process your certification and you will receive proof of training.
- Drinks and Snacks: We provide water (and hot beverages if it’s chilly), but please feel free to bring your own light snacks and we’ll keep them in a cooler if needed.
Catering: Healthy catered lunches including options for protein shakes are available at an additional fee.
Our Environmental Commitment ensures that our gear, products and packaging are as eco-friendly as possible. Learn more
DAN Diving First Aid for Professional Divers Class – 1 day
- $395 per person
- Bundling Classes: If you are interested in bundling other certifications, please call us to discuss your options.
- Add catered food or beverages for your surface interval. See Menus
All prices are in US dollars.
Please carefully review our full Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Policy before purchase.
You may also be interested
Divemaster & DSD Leader