Want to stay down longer and get back in the water sooner? Become a certified PADI Enriched Air/ Nitrox Diver! This is the most popular specialty, and the Casino Point Dive Park is the perfect location to continue your adventure.
Imagine having more time to observe massive whale sharks and manta rays in their own environment or to explore that wreck you’ve been dying to visit! As a PADI Enriched Air/ Nitrox Diver, you’ll be able to do just that – you’ll be trained to dive with enriched air, which contains a higher oxygen percentage (usually 32 – 36% instead of 21%) and thus less nitrogen than regular air. Breathing less nitrogen means you can enjoy longer dives and shorter surface intervals. In addition, this specialty will count toward your Master Scuba Diver rating.
Your class will cover a range of topics including:
- procedures for renting, verifying and analyzing oxygen content in your tank
- setting your dive computer to the correct O2%
- safety concerns such as oxygen toxicity
- dive planning, buddy procedures and depth/ no decompression limits
- decompression sickness and emergency procedures
- necessary specialized equipment
You’ll learn to be a safe, independent diver – understanding the “how and why” of each concept and skill so you’ll be able to make informed decisions when your instructor isn’t around to offer guidance.
All of our classes are private, limited to just you or your small group. This class is generally planned over a minimum 1/2-day period, but with us, learning happens at your own pace. Rushing through is not the way to go.
Our belief in the art of possible and adaptive approach to teaching empowers you on a journey that is unique to you.
Our approach is different than you’ll find elsewhere: we celebrate inclusivity and diversity and ensure that everyone is treated with respect, patience, empathy and kindness.
All PADI courses are performance-based, meaning that we modify skill techniques to meet performance requirements by leveraging what individual students can do. You purchase a class, but you earn your certification.
What to Expect
- Your instructor will call each diver before the class begins, so you’ll be able to get to know each other and answer any questions you might have.
- The in-person portion of your class will take less than an hour as it is “dry” – meaning it does not include Open Water training dives. However, you can choose to book a Guided Diving Experience or an additional certification. (Please see pricing options below).
Plan for the Day
- Your class will be conducted at the beautiful Casino Point Dive Park, which is a world-class marine preserve with Enriched Air/ Nitrox wrecks and artificial reefs located in Avalon.
- The price of your course includes the required eLearning, which you’ll complete at home before your arrival on Catalina Island. We’ll review the information you learned to make sure you have a clear understanding of the information.
- Next, we’ll go to the local gas blend vendor (right at the Park) and you’ll learn how to use a gas blend analyzer to verify a gas blend, review tank markings and decals, as well as understand the procedures you should expect and follow when renting a Nitrox tank independently.
- Finally, you’ll learn how to set your computer to the correct O2%.
There’s always time for questions – we’re here to help you every step of the way!
If you’ve completed all performance requirements, TA-DA! You’re now a certified PADI Enriched Air/ Nitrox Diver!
- All divers must currently hold Open Water (or Jr. Open Water) certification.
- Class Size: For the Enriched Air/ Nitrox Diver Specialty, we prefer to keep the class size to a maximum of 6 divers in one party so that everyone has enough time to learn in comfort at their own pace. However, if you have a larger family group, please call us and we will try to accommodate your needs.
- Minimum Age: Certified divers ages 12 and up may participate.
- Gear: You must have your own computer so that you can change your gas mixture settings independently. Please download and carefully read the computer’s user manual before you arrive. Give us a call and we’ll help you choose a good computer if you don’t already have one.
- Logbook: Please bring your current Logbook for your instructor to review.
- eLearning: The price of your class includes the required eLearning, which must be completed prior to your arrival on Catalina Island. Once you’ve purchased your class, a link to your personal e-Learning will be provided.
- Private Instruction: Your class will be yours alone. No one you don’t know will be participating.
- Proof of Certification: We will process your certification and PADI will issue a certification e-Card upon completion of your class. Physical cards may be purchased from PADI at an additional charge.
Enriched Air/ Nitrox Diver Certification Class – about an hour, no-in-water dive
- $295 per person
- If you have already purchased your eLearning, you will receive a $100 discount. Please call us to provide your eLearning code and receive your discount.
- Add PADI AWARE Specialist certification: $55 per person Learn more
- Adding in-water Dives: If you would like to add in-water diving, please book a Guided Diving Experience. Your Nitrox certification can then be added on at a discounted rate of $195 per person, and you can rent a Nitrox tank on your own for use during your guided dives.
- Bundling Classes: If you are interested in bundling other certifications, please call us to discuss your options.
All prices are in US dollars.
Please carefully review our full Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Policy before purchase.
You may also be interested