Want to be able to help in the event of a diving emergency? We’ve bundled two classes you need to cover most emergencies until EMS arrives: Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid (BLS) and Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries (EO2).
Divers Alert Network (DAN) is the diving industry’s go-to source for medical questions and education. Developed by dive medicine physicians and diving educators, DAN’s courses are easy to understand and designed to provide you with the skills and confidence you need to respond in emergencies. DAN first aid courses prepare people to manage injuries related to scuba diving as well as those that occur in other settings. It’s definitely worth a few hours to learn skills that could save a life.
Several classes that we offer require recent First Aid/ CPR training and this course bundle can be combined with those classes or just taken on its own. If you’re enrolling in a class, give us a call for a discounted rate on this bundle.
Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid
This course will help prepare you to handle cardiovascular events and other life-threatening incidents. You’ll learn how to perform CPR, use an automated external defibrillator (AED) and become familiar with the signs and symptoms associated with heart attacks and respiratory arrest.
We’ll cover a range of topics including:
- primary, secondary and stroke assessments
- recovery positions and CPR techniques
- obstructed airway management
- bleeding control including bandaging, wound management and splinting
- shock management
Emergency O2 for Scuba Diving Injuries
This course will teach you the techniques of emergency oxygen administration for suspected diving injuries and nonfatal drowning. You will learn the fundamentals of recognizing dive-injuries along with response and management.
We’ll cover a range of topics including:
- respiration, circulation and decompression illness
- oxygen and diving injuries
- scene safety and initial assessment
- oxygen equipment identification, assembly and disassembly
- proper use of specialized emergency response equipment
- creation of an Emergency Assistance Plan
What to Expect
- Your instructor will call each participant before the class begins, so you’ll be able to get to know each other and ask any questions you might have.
- Your class will be conducted at the beautiful Casino Point Dive Park, which is a world-class marine preserve located in Avalon.
Plan for the Day
- The price of your course includes the required eLearning, which you’ll complete at home before your arrival on Catalina Island.
- Once you arrive, we’ll review the information you learned to make sure you have a clear understanding of the information and answer any questions you might have.
- Next, you’ll receive on-site practical training in emergency procedures.
There’s always time for questions – we’re here to help you every step of the way!
If you’ve completed all the course requirements, TA-DA! You’re now certified in CPR, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen Procedures!
- eLearning: The price of your class includes the required eLearning, which must be completed prior to your arrival on Catalina Island. Once you’ve purchased your class, a link to your personal e-Learning will be provided.
- Private Instruction: Your class will be yours alone. No one you don’t know will be participating.
- Anyone can participate: There are no minimum age requirements or prerequisites.
- Specialty Gear: We will pride all the materials need including an AED, emergency oxygen and a CPR dummy for use during your class. You will also receive a small kit to take home with you.
- Proof of Certification: We will process both of your certifications and you will receive proof of training.
- Drinks and Snacks: We provide water (and hot beverages if it’s chilly), but please feel free to bring your own light snacks and we’ll keep them in a cooler if needed.
- Catering: Healthy catered lunches including options for protein shakes are available at an additional fee.
Our Environmental Commitment ensures that our gear, products and packaging are as eco-friendly as possible. Learn more
DAN CPR/ First Aid/ Oxygen Bundle Class – ½ day
- $395 per person
- Bundling Classes: If you are interested in bundling other certifications, please call us to discuss your options.
- Add catered food or beverages for your surface interval. See Menus
All prices are in US dollars.
Please carefully review our full Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Policy before purchase.
You may also be interested